Friday, December 2, 2011

Just Another Manic Marching Monday

Our wakeup call was decidedly inglorious. Katrina box-stepped into our room singing the 'Good Morning' song.

After breakfast we were on the bus with Liam's ipod and Julian's speakers having a good old roadtrip.

We arrived at Mt. Austin, with its strangely hexagonal hall, and incredibly apathetic student body. I'm serious. I've been performing for 12 years, and I have NEVER seen an audience that non-plussed.

We then went to see 'the sights of Wagga' with Emily. Once inside Wagga proper, we went on some mainies. Because we're actually that cool. Then on to Kooringal HS, where Emily's mum's year 6 kids and a small busload of kids from Yanco (although notably not Cameron) were also in attendance.

These kids all did music and were thus able to appreciate our show. Which was pleasant. Then Imogen and myself posed for photos with the little eupho kids, just to give them an idea of what's in store. They were sooooooo teeny. I'm talking their height < sousa height.

And then back on the bus for more roadtrip music. Aww Yeah.

Once back at Borambola, it was shower time, at which point I did the classy thing and went straight to pyjamas. Come the evening concert, there were three acts. Initially an old-school arranged Wallace and Grommit extravaganza, brainchild of Hugh; then some pyjama Bach courtesy of myself, finished with Paul singing Minnie the Moocher. This was followed by one of the most energetic sessions of camp games I've been a part of in quite a while.

Although notably not as entertaining as that which I had witnessed prior to free time - Belinda filming Sleggers as he did a whole bunch of clap pushups.

Anyway, then came time for lights out, which for my cabin meant a massive session of 'would you rather'. Such Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment